Electro-Optic Lab Technician
Bodkin Design and Engineering (BD&E) provides product development, and engineering services to industrial, commercial, military, and research clients.
This position supports BD&E's sensor development programs. The Electro-Optic Lab Technician will work with the staff scientists & engineers to help realize designs from concept to prototype and pilot production.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Build prototype sensor and instrument designs. Assemble component parts according to specifications and drawings; including optical, mechanical & electrical assembly and soldering. Experience with hand tools, optical benches and electrical breadboards.
• Perform system testing, record and analyze test results, and inspection data, and generate reports. Record and manipulate data in spread sheets
• Read and interpret mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics
• Engaging in design reviews and providing feedback to R&D for design improvements.
• Maintain laboratory notebooks to document experiments, concepts and inventions
• Manage laboratory: order supplies, organize, label and store equipment, maintain facility.
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications)
Candidate requires 2-5 years working experience in building, troubleshooting wide range of optical mechanical and/or electronic instruments.
Must be a self starter with good organizational skills, able to multi-task in a diverse work environment to achieve goals with aggressive time lines.
Bodkin Design & Engineering offers competitive salary, benefits including health insurance, profit sharing and 401K.
US Persons only (US citizen or permanent resident).
Compensation commensurate with experience