We are looking for a candidate with proven abilities but also with a matching ambition to meet new challenges.
The candidate should either live in Southern Germany (Baden-Württemberg, Bayern, Rhineland-Palatinate) or in Berlin, where ColVisTec has its headquarters.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
After an initial training period, the Sales Manager will be expected to perform duties with limited supervision, using knowledge and skills corresponding to the requirements of this position. The ideal candidate will bring knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes such as hot melt extrusion, wet granulation, tableting, mixing. The responsibilities will be to identify the right customers/applications to successfully close sales through implementing the ColVisTec process analytical technology (PAT) in pharma applications. The Sales Manager will work closely with the senior management and engineers within ColVisTec.
- Selling spectroscopic PAT systems into the pharmaceutical and related industries, primarily for use in continuous and batch processes.
- Representing the company and the products to potential customers. Taking responsibility and performing all required sales related activities: identification and visiting prospective customers, working in close collaboration with OEM partners, participating in trade shows, lecturing at seminars.
- Establishing and cultivating long-term customer relationships.
- Researching markets and undertaking the marketing related activities to develop new applications and sectors.
- Analysing customer needs, identifying similar solutions, and providing quotations and offer letters.
- Communicating feedback on technology and application solutions received from customers to the R&D and Service Department in ColVisTec in order to improve the company’s product offering.
- Developing a good understanding of the optical, electrical, mechanical, electromechanical components related to ColVisTec’s spectroscopy systems.
- A relevant background such as pharmacology, food technology or another related academic discipline.
- A good understanding of the “pharma” language used by ColVisTec’s potential customers. Ideally familiar with the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) rules, applications of PAT systems in the R&D (formulation) and production process environments.
- The drive and the ability to sell.
- The ability to work at multiple levels within complex organizations, communicating with directors, process, production and purchase managers, and laboratory technicians.
- The ability to perform duties independently with minimal supervision.
- Technical and commercial negotiation skills.
- The right mixture of tenacity, patience, and assertiveness in order to achieve results in a short time frame.
- An analytical, structured way of working, good oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment, flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- The willingness to travel with an emphasis on Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
- A good working knowledge of German and English (written and spoken) and every additional language is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary plus bonus, depending on the candidate’s education, skills, and experience.
- A fulfilling and professional work environment.
- Competitive holiday and other social benefits.
- Flat hierarchical structure with an emphasis on progress.
- Collegial, collaborative atmosphere of a start-up company with a unique product and great market potential.
PRIMARY WORK LOCATION
Either Southern Germany (Home Office) or in ColVisTec's headquarters in Berlin.