Independent Sales Agent – Raman Spectroscopy North East, Mid Atlantic, South East
Tornado Spectral Systems designs, manufactures, and sells spectrometers and systems primarily for Raman spectroscopy and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT). Our inspired Scientists and Engineers have developed methods that eliminate the classic performance bottlenecks in optical spectrometer design, unlocking the use of our HTVS (high-throughput virtual slit) technology for a range of newly envisioned applications.
Tornado is seeking to add independent sales agents for marketing and selling the company’s advanced Raman spectroscopy products. Your responsibilities include promoting Tornado’s family of Raman products and services, conducting instrument demonstrations; establishing sales objectives/projections for your sales territory, and maintaining responsibility for seeking opportunities to generate revenue and meet projected fiscal sales targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Sales Agent will be responsible for sales of Tornado Raman instrumentation to customers in the specific Sales Territory.
- Primary responsibilities include both generating new accounts through lead follow up and the effective management of existing customer accounts.
- The Sales Agent visits customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their instrumentation used in a wide range of applications.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be capable of communicating equally well with Ph.D. level scientists and QC technicians.
Candidates who have current and past experience in serving the analytical instrumentation, chemical engineering, semiconductors, biomedical, biotech, pharmaceutical, laser instrumentation, et al, industries and research and development areas are of most interest.
BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree in any one of the disciplines of Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Biology, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other related physical science or engineering fields
Exceptionally qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Understanding of the basic principles of photonics, spectroscopic instruments, and examples would be: gratings, spectrographs, lasers, analytical chemistry or spectroscopic instrumentation, etc. Sales background and track records in high tech business, preferable analytical equipment, spectral components and analytical systems a plus.
- Any familiarity with one or more of the spectroscopic techniques, such as Raman spectroscopy, fluorescence, Raman, LIBS, UV, VIS, near infrared (NIR) spectroscopic applications or other spectroscopic applications would be a major plus
How to Apply:
If these types of challenges interest you, send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org